TubaChristmas is upon us!
Brandon’s TUBACHRISTMAS will be held on Saturday, December 2nd at the Green Spot.
‘Tis the season for some low brass merry making! Tuba Players of all ages and experience levels are welcome to join us on December 2nd for the 9th iteration of Brandon TubaChristmas. Both the rehearsal and the performance will take place at the Green Spot (1451 Rosser Ave E, Brandon, MB R7A 7J2). Festive attire for both you and your instrument are highly encouraged.
9:30-11:00 Rehearsal (for both the advanced and beginning group)
12:00-1:00 Performance for the public
You are welcome to bring your own lunch, but food will be available for purchase from Chez Angela.
Chez Angela Menu
Participants will have a choice from several individual sandwiches as well as sandwich combos. Chez Angela will be bringing a payment terminal to registration so meals can be purchased in advance. Lunches will be delivered at 11AM or soon thereafter.
- The 29C – Butter croissant with local corned beef, local cheese, local mustard and a touch of mayo
- The Rustic Italian – Fresh-baked ciabatta with three kinds of salami, provolone and pesto (contains pine nuts)
- Jambon Fromage – Traditional French baguette with locally cured ham and premium Quebec brie and a bit of Notre Dame Creamery butter
- The LGBT+ – Lettuce, gouda, bacon, tomato PLUS our garlic mayo on a toasted rustic ciabatta bun.
- Cheesesteak Baguette – Our in-house roasted beef with horseradish mayo, sautéed sweet peppers, caramelized onions, swiss cheese on our Baguette Parisienne.
- Veggie Sub – A killer entry on the vegetarian menu that everyone will love with greens, shoots, red onions, tomatoes, sliced peppers, provolone cheese and your choice of caramelized onion hummus or mixed berry vinaigrette.
Sandwiches will be available for individual purchase ($12 + taxes) as well as in a combo ($17 + taxes). The combo includes the sandwich, a side, and a sweet treat.
Sides are: chipotle wedges, feature soup, or Caesar salad.
The Secret Garden Cafe will also be stocked with an assortment of delicious pastries and treats available for performers and audience members.
What You’ll Need
We will be providing chairs and stands. The only thing you’ll need to bring is your instrument (and you Christmas spirit!).
We will have paper copies available for anyone who needs them. All participants are encouraged to look at the music ahead of time to determine which ensemble best fits their ability level. Generally speaking, players who have only been playing for a few weeks are encouraged to join the beginner ensemble. Those who have at least one year of experience should consider the advanced ensemble. Intermediate parts will be provided for the advanced ensemble as well.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (204-727-9758)