Prof. Paola Di Muro
Prof. Associate III – Mathematics and Computer Science Department
Learning Skills Specialist – Academic Skills Centre
- Laurea (Doctor in Mathematics), University of Bologna, Italy (equivalent to Canadian Master’s Degree)
- Professional Italian Teaching Certifications, Bologna, Italy
- B.Ed(A.D.), Brandon University
- Certification in University and College Administration (Center for Higher Education Research and Development – CHERD), University of Manitoba
During the 2014-15 academic year, I am teaching
- 62.171 Introduction to Statistics A01
- 62.171 Introduction to Statistics A02
Winter: I will be on sabbatical leave from Jan 1 to June 30, 2015.
Other courses taught:
- 62.091 Core Mathematics
- 62.152 Contemporary Mathematics
- 62.155 Mathematics of Finance
- 62.172 Introduction to Statistical Inference
- 62.182 Linear Algebra I
- 62.272 Applied Statistics
- 58:ITAL:101 Introduction to Italian (6 credit hours)
- 58:ITAL:250 Intermediate Italian I
- 58:ITAL:251 Intermediate Italian II
Math Skills Centre:
I am responsible for developing, implementing, evaluating and revising programs that meet the math learning skills needs of individual students and groups of students. I am available for individual appointments and also supervise the Math Peer Tutors who provide walk-in support during the regular terms. In cooperation with various departments on campus, I conduct a variety of targeted workshops to assist the students in understanding fundamental concepts and their application in a variety of areas.
I am interested in the scholarship of teaching and learning, including the effect of motivation on learning math, Learning Styles Theories, blended courses and their effect on increased retention.
- Senate Award for Excellence in Teaching (May 31, 2013)
- SASA (Student Affairs and Services Association) Innovation Award, BU/CMB Writing and Math Online, Jun 20, 2006
- CADE (Canadian Association for Distance Education) Award of Excellence in Student Services, BU/CMB Writing and Math Online, May 24, 2006
Links of Interest
I enjoy classical music, soccer, reading, spending time with my family, and teaching.