Our Research in Media
- Special interview by Brandon Sun. Posted: 12/24/2020 3:00 AM
Dr. Majumder became the Canada Research Chair in Genotoxicology.
- Canada Research Chairs Program supports BU professor’s study of breast cancer _ News
- BU prof receives $600K grant to study breast cancer – Brandon Sun
- Dr. Majumder received Senate Award for Excellence in Research — Tier 2
- Finally some well deserved recognition. Congratulations Riley !
3. That small fish made it to the cover. Majumder lab publication was selected for the journal cover page of the peer-reviewed scientific journal of https://www.biologists.com/, Biology Open, April, 2019; 8 (4)
2. This is wonderful. Recently two trainees from Majumder lab were interviewed by the Peer-reviewed journal “Biology Open” for their inspiration to conduct research. This is an immense honor to authors and international recognition. Congratulations to Kingsley and Sujit !!!!!
News link: http://bio.biologists.org/content/8/4/bio043349
“RESEARCH CONNECTION” a news report of Brandon University, February 2019
- Education Blog by Canadian Breast Cancer Network
“Could a simple blood test help detect breast cancer?”
- Brandon University Magazine, Fall edition 2017 profiling Dr. Majumder’s success story.
- Brandon Sun. September 21, News about NSERC discovery grant in Brandon Sun “BU faculty nets prestigious national research fund”.
- COX-2 induced breast cancer story has been selected for the Cover Page of journal Stem Cells, The International Journal of Cell Differentiation and Proliferation, Wiley, Volume 34, Issue 6, September 2016.
- BioEden, the tooth cell bank, UK; highlighted our research “Scientists Take Aim At The Enzyme That Causes Breast Cancer To Thrive”.https://www.bioeden.com/uk/news/scientists-take-aim-enzyme-causes-breast-cancer-thrive/
- Canadian Stem Cell Foundation summer newsletter “Cellection” interview.
News of PI During Postdoctoral Tenure
- Cancer stem cells: What is new?
- Peeyush K. Lala and Mousumi Majumder explain how cancer cells become immortal in the 7th installment of the Hallmarks of Cancer series. Published in The Londoner (July 23rd, page 18).
- Global Medical Discovery highlighted ‘The role of CCL21/CCR7 chemokine axis in breast cancer-induced lymphangiogenesis’ by Tutunea-Fatan E, Majumder M, Xin X, Lala PK, Molecular Cancer.
- Mammary Cell News highlighted ‘COX-2 Elevates Oncogenic miR-526b in Breast Cancer by EP4 Activation’ by Majumder M, Landman E, Ling L, Hess D and Lala PK; Molecular Cancer Research.
- Current Affairs Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry Monthly Newsletter.
- August 31, Invited talk, International Conference on Cytopathology, Toronto.
- February 18, Research highlighted in Breast Cancer Society of Canada and TBCRU blog.
- December 5, 3 Minute Research Competition.