Dr. Majumder’s interview by the Breast Cancer Canada is here https://breastcancerprogress.ca/know_more_stories/dr-mousumi-majumder/
Sujit Maiti’s interview by the Breast Cancer Canada https://breastcancerprogress.ca/know_more_stories/sujit-maiti/
- June 13, 2022; CTV Winnipeg Interview for the Breast Cancer Society of Canada grant 2022.
May 26, 2022; CBC Radio Interview for the BCSC grant: Brandon University researcher getting funding boost for her work detecting breast cancer. https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-111/clip/15915051
- May 26, 2022; This is a great day for Majumder lab. Dr. Majumder received operating grant from Breast Cancer Society of Canada for three years. We are grateful to donors for their support.
Dr. Majumder and Dr. Herron featured in Nature portfolio. Read the whole story here.https://www.nature.com/articles/d42473-021-00368-0
Blood Test for Breast Cancer. CityNews Winnipeg has the story.
- August 19, 2021, Research Manitoba newsletter “Research Today” interviewed Dr. Majumder. The story is right here
- Congratulations! Brady Nault for receiving Research Manitoba MSc scholarship 2021 (July 28, 2021) https://www.brandonu.ca/news/2021/07/28/research-manitoba-supports-student-research-on-breast-cancer-diagnosis/
- Special interview by Brandon Sun. Posted: 12/24/2020 3:00 AM
BU prof looking to accomplish big things as Canada Research Chair – Brandon Sun
Dr. Majumder became the Canada Research Chair in Genotoxicology.
- Canada Research Chairs Program supports BU professor’s study of breast cancer _ News
- BU prof receives $600K grant to study breast cancer – Brandon Sun
- Dr. Majumder received Senate Award for Excellence in Research — Tier 2
Brandon University presents teaching, research awards _ News
- Finally some well deserved recognition. Congratulations Riley !
Research projects by BU students target breast cancer, plastic pollution | News
3. That small fish made it to the cover. Majumder lab publication was selected for the journal cover page of the peer-reviewed scientific journal of https://www.biologists.com/, Biology Open, April, 2019; 8 (4)
2. This is wonderful. Recently two trainees from Majumder lab were interviewed by the Peer-reviewed journal “Biology Open” for their inspiration to conduct research. This is an immense honor to authors and international recognition. Congratulations to Kingsley and Sujit !!!!!
News link: http://bio.biologists.org/content/8/4/bio043349
1. Could a simple blood test be able to detect breast cancer?
By Mousumi Majumder, Kingsley C. Ugwuagbo, Stephanie Hunter,Braydon Nault, Emma Gervin, Danielle Larocque, Bonita Shin, Riley James Feser, and Sujit Maiti
“RESEARCH CONNECTION” a news report of Brandon University, February 2019
- Education Blog by Canadian Breast Cancer Network
“Could a simple blood test help detect breast cancer?”
- Brandon University Magazine, Fall edition 2017 profiling Dr. Majumder’s success story.
- Brandon Sun. September 21, News about NSERC discovery grant in Brandon Sun “BU faculty nets prestigious national research fund”.
- COX-2 induced breast cancer story has been selected for the Cover Page of journal Stem Cells, The International Journal of Cell Differentiation and Proliferation, Wiley, Volume 34, Issue 6, September 2016.
- BioEden, the tooth cell bank, UK; highlighted our research “Scientists Take Aim At The Enzyme That Causes Breast Cancer To Thrive”.https://www.bioeden.com/uk/news/scientists-take-aim-enzyme-causes-breast-cancer-thrive/
- Canadian Stem Cell Foundation summer newsletter “Cellection” interview.
News of PI During Postdoctoral Tenure
- Cancer stem cells: What is new?
- Peeyush K. Lala and Mousumi Majumder explain how cancer cells become immortal in the 7th installment of the Hallmarks of Cancer series. Published in The Londoner (July 23rd, page 18).
- Global Medical Discovery highlighted ‘The role of CCL21/CCR7 chemokine axis in breast cancer-induced lymphangiogenesis’ by Tutunea-Fatan E, Majumder M, Xin X, Lala PK, Molecular Cancer.
- Mammary Cell News highlighted ‘COX-2 Elevates Oncogenic miR-526b in Breast Cancer by EP4 Activation’ by Majumder M, Landman E, Ling L, Hess D and Lala PK; Molecular Cancer Research.
- Current Affairs Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry Monthly Newsletter.
- August 31, Invited talk, International Conference on Cytopathology, Toronto.
- February 18, Research highlighted in Breast Cancer Society of Canada and TBCRU blog.
- December 5, 3 Minute Research Competition.