Peer Reviewed Publications
- Kruth, M.L., Herron, R.V., Waddell-Henowitch, C.M., Allan, J.A., & Roger, K.S. (accepted awaiting publication). A qualitative study of refugee men’s mental health in non-metropolitan Manitoba. Wellbeing, space & Social.
- Mayoum, A., Prajapati, D., Lamb, J., Kruth, M., Waddell-Henowitch, C.M., Baxter, C., Beeston, S., Graham, J.M., & Thomson, A. (accepted awaiting publication). Having Hard Conversations about racism within nursing education: Reflections on the process of developing an anti-racism action plan collaboratively with students and faculty. Journal of Nursing Education.
- Waddell, C.M., Kruth, M., & Stephen, H. (accepted awaiting publication). “Racism is a very subtle, sly, slimy thing”: A need for anti-racism praxis in Nursing and Psychiatric Nursing Education. Journal of Nursing Education.
- Herron, R. V., Newall, N., Lawrence, B., Dauphinais, J., Ramsey, D., & Waddell – Henowitch, C. (2022). Navigating and negotiating valued resources during COVID-19: Learning about resilience processes from older rural adults. Social Science and Medicine. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2022.115153
- de Moissac, D., Gueye, N.R., Vigier, D., Waddell, C., & Graham, J.M. (2022). Nursing students’ well- being: A comparison of two Canadian nursing program in different linguistic contexts. Linguistic Minorities and Society, 18. 110-140. https://doi.org/10.7202/1089181ar
- Waddell- Henowitch, C. M. Gobeil, J., Tacan, F., Ford, M., Herron, R., Allan, J., Kruth, M., & Spence, S. (2022). A collaborative multi-method approach to evaluating Indigenous land-based learning with men. International Journal of Qualitative Methods, 21. 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1177/16094069221082359
- Waddell -Henowitch, C., Herron, R., Ramsey, D., Lawrence, B., de Jager, M., & Newall, N. (2021). Rural healthcare workers needs and experiences during COVID-19. Journal of Rural and Community Development, 16(4), 54- 75.
- Ahmadu, M., Herron, R. V., Allan, J. A., & Waddell, C. M. (2021). Identifying places that foster mental health and well-being among rural men.Health & Place, 71, 102673. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healthplace.2021.102673
- Hiebert, B., Care, W.D., Udod, S. A., & , C.M. (2021). Psychiatric nurses’ lived experiences of workplace violence in acute care psychiatric units in Western Canada. Issues in Mental Health Nursing. 43(2). https://doi.org/10.1080/01612840.2021.1956656
- Herron, R.V., Newall, N. E.G., Lawrence, B. C., Ramsey, D., Waddell, C.M., & Dauphinais, J. (2021). Conversations in times of isolation: Exploring rural-dwelling older adults’ experiences of isolation and loneliness during the COVID-19 Pandemic in Manitoba, Canada. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18(3028). https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18063028
- Roger, K., Herron, R., Ahmadu, M., Allan, J., & Waddell, C. (2021) Exploring Ageing and Time as Resources in Men’s Mental Health Experiences. Aging and Society. https://doi.10/1017/S0144686X21000362
- Waddell, C.M., de Jager, M.D., Gobeil, J., Tacan, F., Herron, R.V., Allan, J.A., Roger, K. (2021). Healing Journeys: Indigenous Men’s Reflections on Resources and Barriers to Mental Wellness. Social Science and Medicine, 270, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2021.113696
- Allan, J., Herron, R., Ahmadu, M., Waddell, C., Roger, K. (2020). “I never wanted my children to see their father the way I’ve seen mine”: Caring Masculinities and Fathering on the Prairies. NORMA,16(1). https://doi.org/10.1080/18902138.2020.1866322
- de Moissac, D., Waddell, C.M., Smith, N., Gueye, N.R., and Rocque R. (2020). Student’s perspectives on mental health: Using World Cafés to engage in dialogue about health promotion and support services. Collected Essays on Learning and Teaching, XIII.
- Waddell, C.M., Herron, R.V., Gobeil, J., Tacan, F., De Jager, M. D, Allan, J. A, Roger, K. (2020). Grounded in Culture: Reflections on sitting outside the circle in community-based research with Indigenous men. Qualitative Health Research, 30(14). 2343-2350. https://doi.org/10.1177/1049732320960050
- Herron, R., Ahmadu, M., Allan, J., Waddell, C., & Roger, K. (2020). “Talk about it:” Changing masculinities and mental health in rural places? Social Science and Medicine, 258. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2020.113099
- Waddell, C.M., Graham, J.M and Pachkowski, K. (2020). Battling Associative Stigma in Psychiatric Nursing. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 41(8). https://doi.org/10.1080/01612840.2019.1710009
- Graham, J. M., Waddell, C., M., Pachkowski, K., & Friesen, H. (2020). Educating the educators: Determining the uniqueness of Psychiatric Nursing practice to inform Psychiatric Nurse education. Issues in Mental Health Nursing, 41(5). https://doi.org/10.1080/01612840.2019.1678081
- Allan, J., Waddell, C. M., Herron, R., & Roger, K. (2018). Are rural prairie masculinities hegemonic masculinities? NORMA: International Journal for Masculinity Studies, 14(1). https://doi.org/10.1080/18902138.2018.1519092
- Waddell, C. M., Robinson, R., & Crawford, A. (2017). Decolonizing Approaches to Inuit Community Wellness: Conversations with Elders in a Nunavut Community. Canadian Journal of Community Mental Health, 36(1), 1-13. https://doi.org/10.7870/cjcmh-2017-001
Text Book Chapters
1. Crawford, A., Waddell, C., & Lund, C. (2021). Unsettling healthcare with Inuit in Canada: Cultural safety education for healthcare providers. In Schiff, R. & Molle, H., Health and Healthcare in Northern Canada. University of Toronto Press. Forthcoming.
2. Robinson, J. R., & Waddell, C. M. (2021). Community mental health promotion. In Vollman, A.R., & Jackson, S.F. (Eds) Canadian Community as Partner: Theory and multidisciplinary practice, 5th Edition. Wolters Kluwer.